Sunday, February 13, 2011

come together...right now....nursery!

what a fabulous weekend. i for sure have soaked up my fair share of viatmin D through the sun. i love the sun. i am so happy to see it! i could have been a hippie sun worshipper this weekend.

warning the next picture has its fair share of cuteness overload.

the head baseball coach is a single parent dad to TWO of the cutest little boys i have EVER laid my eyes on. this is Cal, who just won the 1st-2nd grade basketball championship.
this was our saturday night...i wish we had been going to these games all year. it was a BLAST. kids crying. running with the ball forgetting to dribble. some with shorts hiked up to their shoulders. so cute. the parents...yelling from the stands....another story.
Cal and Coach Deal
i went junkin this weekend. with Rachie Berry. and we found our fair share of TREASURES. one mans trash is def another mans TREASURE. and this man below was hunting for treasures in his front yard. with a metal detector. very intensely. im on the hunt for an old 1956 shasta traveler trailer to turn into a play house AND go camping on weekends. the one behind the metal detector was gross. not meant for me. but i still checked it out.

i found some cute vintage clothing that little dealer with be dawning this summer.
this is so funny. a onesie from the 60's. this might be a halloween costume for us. or just for pal'in around. for some reason i can picture a cute little white cowboy hat and little white boots. if we have a hot halloween. or if i just feel like random costume days. like i did in college. all the time. i love dressing up. thats a whole other blog post.
and a cute giraffe night shirt and cap that i think would be so cute to have pictures made in...
look at the awesomeness of this carriage....it wasnt priced yet. im afraid it will be mucho dinero.
and then i found my conquest of the day. i would like to take a break and say, when i find a good deal, i feel what a drug addict feels on a high. i start to sweat and my pulse starts rushing and i feel a sense of euphoria.

i found a HUGE wicker GIANT giraffe. haha. how random. but HOW cute in a nursery. oh yeah, i grabbed that creature right on up. loaded her in the mazda. and was so excited bringing it in in almost knocked an ear off rounding the corner to my nursery.

look how cute its gonna be in a nursery.
yes. it will. my conquest was a sucess. i dominated. still pondering spray painting that baby.
and look what was on my front porch when i returned from my junk hunt.....
my criiiiiiiiib
waitin on the dealer man to assemble. or im gonna do it myself. im gonna paint crib. or stain it a color. it hasnt hit me yet. im getting visions though....visions are dancing through my head.

i keep forgetting to take pics of my stomach (for some reason i cannot say the word "belly"). i snapped one on friday. not very good. but it shows a slight pooch.

oh and i am getting "the line". "the line" that i thought only tribal woman in africa got. well i guess im getting one. i guess i have some kind of indian or some kind of ethnicity in my blood. maybe im a lost tribal african woman. either way. im getting the line.


6 comments:

RachB said...

Dude best weekend ever. I love this post. Reading it was like smoking a cig and reliving glory days. Hahaha. I'm glad you didn't blow our cover on our location where abouts. And ummmmmmmm see what I mean about the crib... Mine doesn't have springs. I'm nervous about it. I need to examine the dealer man putting it together. For sure. Eeik. Ps I got the 411 on our next mission. Headed north about thirty miles as the wind blows or whatever that saying is. Put your party pants on.

Clay and Megan said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Carrie's that hopped over here after she mentioned you on her blog. When you mentioned your search for an old Shasta for camping/play-housing, it made me so excited :) When you find yours, please post pictures! That is one of my dreams too. I just read the book My Cool Caravan:

(http://www.amazon.com/My-Cool-Caravan-Inspirational-Retro-Style/dp/1862058784/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297760532&sr=8-1)

I think you would love it and would be fun inspiration :) Good luck in your search! Oh, and I love the wicker giraffe! Megan Sandoz

Clay and Megan said...

Girl, do it. There is a little trailer that one family painted and fabric-ed up for their little one as a playhouse that you are going to love :)

Kristin said...

I'm loving your nursery updates!!! And I love the giraffe!! Such a good find :) You look so cute!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! I got the line, too.

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.

I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com